Saturday, March 12, 2011

Congratulations 2010 Award Winners

Last night, Friday March 11th, the PEI RoadRunners Club held their annual banquet & awards ceremony. This is always a well attended event, a really nice social gathering, and a great chance to see these folks out of their running clothes and without numbers pinned onto their shirts.

Alex and I have enjoyed putting the slide show together the last few years (it's at the bottom of this post) and since I'm at every race I got recruited onto the Awards Committee a couple of years ago and get to help decide who gets these annual awards.

What went down last night totally stunned me. Almost 24 hours later I still am at a loss for words so I'm going to go ahead and post my photos, the links to the winner's write-ups (click on their names) and the video slide show and hope that before the weekend is out I can find the words to add to my heartfelt "Thank You" in a follow up post.

Congratulations to all of last night's award winners.

ADL/SportPEI
Achievement Award Winners
&
Hashems Variety
Points Champions


Proude's Shoes
Most Improved RoadRunner



Cox and Palmer
Rookie of the Year
Arnie Johnston


Gemini Screen Printing and Embroidery
Volunteer of the Year

Les MacKay


Prince Edward Island Marathon / Ewen Stewart
Inspirational Runner Award

Ronda Bellefontaine
and
Lynn Anne Hogan



Honourary Lifetime Membership Award

Parker Lund


Sporting Intentions
Male RoadRunner of the Year

John Van Ekris


Good Guys Auto Glass
Female RoadRunner of the Year

Surprise!!


No comments: