Friday, August 15, 2008

Connaughton primed for good run

Connaughton primed for good run

P.E.I. Olympian Jared Connaughton says he is feeling healthy and ready for a good run in his first Olympic appearance.

Connaughton will run a heat of the 200-metre dash in Beijing on Monday (11 p.m. Sunday AT).

"The season has really panned out for me. Training has gone better than I could have hoped for," Connaughton told CBC News Friday.

"I've had a few time trial runs, and both [were] personal bests. So I'm really, really ready to run and I'm anxious to run Monday, and I think just because it's the Olympics I'll run fast."

Connaughton is one of only two Islanders in the Summer Olympics, the other being pentathlete Kara Grant.

CBC-TV's Compass has a feature interview with Jared Connaughton Friday. Watch on CBC-TV at 6 p.m. or on line after 7:15 p.m.


No comments: